If the Perimeter Wire needs to be spliced, use the connectors supplied in the Robomow box. They are waterproof and give a reliable electrical connection.
IMPORTANT! Before splicing the Perimeter Wire, disconnect the Power Box from the power outlet.
- Strip 0.5in (1cm) of each wire end together and twist the stripped ends using pliers.
- Insert the twisted wires into the splicing connector.
- Screw the wire connector on the twisted wires. Make sure it is tightly secured.
IMPORTANT! Neither twisted cables nor a screw terminal insulated with insulation tape, are a satisfactory splice. Soil moisture will cause such conductors to oxidize and will later lead to a broken circuit.
- Insert both wire-ends in the connector at left-most and rightmost positions.
- Confirm that the wires are fully inserted into the connector.
- Use a pair of pliers to press down the button on top of the connector. The button should be fully pressed, without damaging the connector.